Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mickey gone Tron

Mickey Tron
[photo courtesy of Medicom]

While watching "Chuck" on DVR a few nights ago, Chuck's sister bashed him for having posters from the 8th grade still up on his wall. The questionable poster was that of Disney's 1982 sci-fi flick "Tron." Upon the reference, it sparked this bit of dialog amongst some of the Goob Tube team . . .

Me: Hmm. I don't think I've ever seen "Tron." 

Carmel: It's stupid.

Ryan: (in the kitchen getting corndogs) WHAT?!

Apparently it's a guy thing. However, I do recall the lightbike scene. 

Regardless on whether you've never seen the movie (like me), don't care for it (like Carmel), or love it (like Ryan), there is no denying how awesome Medicom's Mickey Mouse/Kevin Flynn vinyl figure looks.

Since Medicom's site isn't in English, I can't make out when the toy will be released. But I'm pretty sure some booth at Comic Con will have it on display. And so we wait until July . . .

Until then, here's that aforementioned lightbike scene:

No comments:

Post a Comment