Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Turtles turn a Quarter of a Century


Today marks the 25th birthday of the Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo -- better collectively known as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Some turtles news for y'all:

* In association with the Tribeca Film Festival, there will be a pizza party and screening of the original live action flick at New York's World Financial Center Plaza tonight! To boot, all 4 turtles and April O'Neil will be there for the "shell-abration" (I didn't make it up) and the place will be decorated with glow in the dark manholes, kids can get their faces painted -- it's pretty much a lil topia for all fans. For more info, go here.

* The Mirage Group has announced that there will be another live action Ninja Turtle flick set out for a 2011 release! I'm still trying to dig more info on that, but so far I've read that it'll be an origins story.

* And lastly, I'm sure many have seen the 25th anniversary re-release of the toys that came out back in the early 90s. I like these way better than the ones that are out now. Then again, I'm totally biased. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment