Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Stuff of Legend

I hope everyone who participated in Free Comic Book Day had a good one! I went in late, so I only picked up whatever comics were left -- one of them being Th3rd World's first issue of The Stuff of Legend.

The story is set in 1944, where the world we're familiar with is still at war. A little boy in Brooklyn is kidnapped in the middle of the night by every child's worst nightmare . . . the Boogeyman. His only hope is to be rescued by his band of toys, led by a toy soldier known as the Colonel and teddy bear named Max, as they venture into the realm known as "The Dark."

In The Dark, the toys must go into combat against the Boogeyman and his army, which consists of the boy's old and bitter forgotten toys.

It's very reminiscent of Toy Story, but on a much darker and maybe even deeper level. I found the comic to be very compelling and was pretty bummed when I reached the last page -- because I wanted more!

The Stuff of Legend is a 2 issue series that's only available in previews right now. Be sure to head out to your local comic shop and ask them to order issue 1 for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment