Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Headed South For Comic-Con!

Hey folks! Yes, we are still alive. Our apologies for the lack of updates recently. A couple of us [rye-uhn-air-ick & myself] have been UBER busy getting our things packed for our big moves, and NiNa has been helping out w/that whole process. We're just barely getting settled, but wanted to let you know that we'll be updating more frequently in the days to come b/c the Holy Mecca for nerd-dome is finally here... Comic-Con!

The three of us [rye-uhn-air-ick, NiNa, and myself] will be hitting up Preview Night tomorrow, as well as the other 4 days. So to bite off from Facebook [b/c I'm addicted], I've created a Top 5 Things I'm Looking Forward to @ Comic-Con 2009:

1. Vinyl Toy Exclusives

[photo from toysrevil.net]

I'm especially looking forward to this Grayscale Edition Tokidoki Captain CoCo [limited to 500 pieces] to go with my Mozzarella, Bulleto, Adios, & Ciao Ciao grayscale figures. You can find him at the STRANGEco booth [#4629] along with platinum versions of Skeletrino & Skeletrina [250 pieces each] and Bruttino & Carina [250 pieces each].

2. Toy Growers Cultyard

[photo from comic-con.org]

This has always been my favorite area to hit up while at Comic-Con. You'll most likely see me frequenting the following booths:

STRANGco [#4629]
Gama-Go [#4738]
Kidrobot [#4529]
Tokidoki [#4731]
Rocket World [#4932]
Super7 [#4729]

3. Panels for My Favorite TV Shows

This year, that means I'll be trying to get into:

Dexter

Thursday, July 23rd
5:00pm to 6:00pm
Ballroom 20

[photo from tv.yahoo.com]

The Big Bang Theory

Friday, July 24th
1:00pm to 2:00pm
Ballroom 20

[photo from tv.yahoo.com]

Chuck

Saturday, July 25th
10:00am to 11:00am
Ballroom 20

[photo from tv.yahoo.com]

Looks like I'll be waiting in line for Ballroom 20 quite a bit.

4. Sneak Peeks @ New Shows/Movies

While I wouldn't mind getting a sneak peek at The Twilight Saga's: New Moon, I am not prepared to line up and camp out right after picking up my badge at Preview Night. For those that are, Summit's panel is at 1:45pm to 2:45pm in Hall H.

[photo courtesy of Summit]

However, I will be trying to check out Summit's panel for Astro Boy, which is slated for 10:15am to 11:15am on the same day in Room 6BCF. If you do happen to get into the 1:45pm Summit panel, they're scheduled to be showing Astro Boy there as well.

[photo taken from wikipedia.org]

I'm also going to try and check out Glee's panel on Saturday, July 25th, at the Indigo Ballroom/Hilton Bayfront. Fox will be screening a never-before-seen episode of the newest show to hit their lineup this coming fall.

[photo from tv.yahoo.com]

5. S.W.A.G. - Stuff We All Get

Everyone's a fan of free stuff. Who knows what kind of neat stuff will be handed out at the booths and freebies table this year? Stay tuned, and we'll be sure to keep you updated on our adventures at Comic-Con!

No comments:

Post a Comment