Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Princess and the Frog

[video courtesy of Disney]

When I heard Disney was shutting down their 2D animation stations back in 2004, I was like, "Noooooooooo!" Much to my joy, not too long after (2006-ish, I think) they announced they'd be returning back to their 2D (and musical) roots with The Princess and the Frog. As many of you know, this is also their first animated feature to have a black princess (Princess Tiana, voiced by Anika Nani Rose).

Here's the official plot synopsis:

A musical set in the legendary birthplace of jazz -- New Orleans -- "The Princess and the Frog" will introduce the newest Disney princess, Maddy, a young African-American girl living amid the charming elegance and grandeur of the fabled French Quarter. From the heart of Louisiana's mystical bayous and the banks of the mighty Mississippi comes an unforgettable tale of love, enchantment and discovery with a soulful singing crocodile, voodoo spells and Cajun charm at every turn.

While skimming through /Film I came across this photo of character art they found from the movie . . . 

[photo taken from /Film]

The Princess and the Frog is set to hit theaters with an early November 25 release to New York and LA, and statewide on December 11.

Oh my gawd, the 5-year old in me is bursting with excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment