Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Return of Comic-Con

As many of you may already know, Comic-Con 2011 was just this past weekend. After a brief hiatus from the Con scene last year, I did manage to snag some passes for Saturday and Sunday this year. I admit, I didn't really psych myself up for Con this time around... maybe because I've been absorbed in work and haven't really had time to think about anything else. Usually, I would have been looking forward to seeing the newest limited edition releases found in the Toy Growers Cult Yard, but I haven't been too excited by the vinyl scene lately. Maybe that's why I've been MIA for so long on here. This year, I found that I spent a lot of time roaming up and down the aisles in the Small Press area and discovering some pretty awesome artists. I managed to pick up some pretty dope prints from Nidhi Chanani, Joey Chou, Mike Maihack, and Katie Cook. Here are a couple of the prints I got over the weekend.

Cable Car - Nidhi Chanani

[image from Nidhi's Etsy]

batgirl: year one - Mike Maihack

[image from Cow Shell Graphics]

I'll try to post more from Comic Con in the coming weeks.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment